Arvind Kejriwal attacks BJP over power cuts in Delhi
New Delhi: Former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal today took on BJP over the water and power problems being faced by the national capital, saying the party had "nexus" with discoms and so it was not solving the issue.
"It seems BJP, just like the previous Congress government, has a nexus with power discoms, that is the reason it is unable to solve the power issue,"?Kejriwal alleged while addressing e-rickshaw drivers near Adarsh Nagar metro station here.
He said several areas in the city are facing power cuts and water shortage due to which people are angry with the Central government.
The Aam Aadmi chief reminded people of the power and water subsidies provided by his government in Delhi.
Kejriwal said his party is prepared to fight Assembly elections in Delhi and claimed that they would win by a big margin.
"They (BJP) keep saying there is a BJP wave in the city and country. If it is so, why are they not pushing for Assembly elections," he said.
"I challenge them to fight the elections again. We are sure we will come to power with a majority this time," he added.
Kejriwal said he regretted quitting the Delhi government, but said he did not "runaway" as alleged by his opponents.
"We did not runaway. Had we run away, we would have not returned. But now that we have come back, we are confident of wining and we will eradicate corruption from the system like we did earlier," Kejriwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray