Arvind Kejriwal attends NCC day camp, his first public function as CM
New Delhi: Making his first appearance in a public ceremony as Delhi Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday inspected a guard of honour of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) at a function here.
"It`s a tradition that Chief Minister is the chief guest at the NCC Republic Day Camp every year and inspects the guard of honour," a defence official said.
The Chief Minister, who was accompanied by his IRS officer wife Sunita, inspected the guard of honour along with defence officials at the Delhi Cantonment.
In his address to over 2,000 cadets, of which 762 were girls, Kejriwal lauded the work done by NCC in "national building" and developing the "character of the youth," and advised students to become good human beings and serve the nation.
"When you ask people what they want to become, they say doctor or engineer. But I would like you to become better human being. One must become a doctor, engineer or take any other profession because it is the means to earn money, but your goal should be to be better human being," the Chief Minister said.
Former NSG Guard and now an AAP MLA from Delhi Cantonment, Surinder Singh, also attended the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state