Arvind Kejriwal attends NCC day camp, his first public function as CM
New Delhi: Making his first appearance in a public ceremony as Delhi Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday inspected a guard of honour of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) at a function here.
"It`s a tradition that Chief Minister is the chief guest at the NCC Republic Day Camp every year and inspects the guard of honour," a defence official said.
The Chief Minister, who was accompanied by his IRS officer wife Sunita, inspected the guard of honour along with defence officials at the Delhi Cantonment.
In his address to over 2,000 cadets, of which 762 were girls, Kejriwal lauded the work done by NCC in "national building" and developing the "character of the youth," and advised students to become good human beings and serve the nation.
"When you ask people what they want to become, they say doctor or engineer. But I would like you to become better human being. One must become a doctor, engineer or take any other profession because it is the means to earn money, but your goal should be to be better human being," the Chief Minister said.
Former NSG Guard and now an AAP MLA from Delhi Cantonment, Surinder Singh, also attended the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore