Arvind Kejriwal denies rift within party, says will invite Anna Hazare for swearing-in ceremony
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convenor Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday managed to keep his political outfit intact and denied reports of rift by saying that a key party MLA Vinod Kumar Binny is not upset with his decision to allocate Cabinet berth to a few elected leaders.
"Binny is not miffed, he met me Tuesday evening at my residence and told me that he has not joined the party for any post, but to accomplish a mission," Kejriwal said.
"Binny even spoke to the media and clarified that he is not upset," the AAP chief said.
On being asked about Congress spokesperson` Janardhan Dwivedi admission that a section of its leaders are divided over giving support to AAP, Kejriwal said, "It is Congress` internal problem not his party`s."
In an apparent dig at the BJP and the Congress, Kejrwial said that AAP had contested the election on issues, and thus, it will place all 18 issues raised by the party in the Delhi Assembly amid hope that all MLAs, irrespective of which party they belong, would support those in the best interest of people here.
When asked about how long will it take to reduce the electricity bills and providing free water to Delhiites, Kejrwial replied that homework is being done on the discoms issue and will soon be implemented. On the issue of providing water, he said that 700 litres water will be given immediately as soon as the party attains power. However, the AAP chief said that there are some areas in Delhi where some arrangements need to be made for suppling water regularly and this may take some time.
On the issue of Swaraj and Lokpal, Kejriwal stressed, "As per country`s Constitution Delhi can make its own law, but Centre has recently passed an order, which requires Delhi government to take permission from the Centre before doing so, so we need to see this issue."
Replying to a quetion whether he would invite his `guru` Anna Hazare for swearing-in ceremony, Kejriwal said, "As soon the date is finalised, he would himself try to talk to Anna and invite him."
On his reported swearing-in ceremony on December 26, Kejriwal said nothing is sure as of now as Lt Governor Najeeb Jung has yet not given a call and confirmed him.
Kejriwal on Tuesday held wide-ranging consultations on government formation after which his party named its probable ministers.
The AAP sent the names of six ministers - Manish Sisodia, Saurabh Bhardwaj, Somnath Bharti, Rakhi Birla, Satyendra Jain and Girish Soni to Lt Governor Najeeb Jung.
The AAP staked claim to form the government in Delhi after the BJP decided against it. AAP won 28 seats, the BJP 31 and the Congress eight in the December assembly polls.
AAP was born out of the anti-corruption movement in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared