Arvind Kejriwal elected AAP leader in Delhi Assembly
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal was on Monday elected unanimously by 28 legislators of the Aam Aadmi Party as their leader in the Delhi Assembly.
In a stellar show, debutants AAP managed to win 28 seats in the 70 member Delhi Assembly, the counting of votes for which was done yesterday. The BJP won 31 seats and the Congress a mere 08 seats.
Also, in a shocker, three-time chief minister of Delhi, Sheila Dikshit suffered defeat at the hands of AAP convener Kejriwal from the New Delhi constituency by over 25,000 votes. This was also Congress` worst show in Delhi.
Meanwhile, Kejriwal, while talking to the media has ruled out taking support from either the Congress or the BJP. He said that the AAP would rather sit in Opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum