Arvind Kejriwal goes on padyatra to reach out to old Delhi
New Delhi: To connect with voters in old Delhi, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal on Friday took out a padyatra as part of his party`s door-to-door campaign in Matia Mahal, Ballimaran and Chandi Chowk Assembly constituencies.
Kejriwal, along with AAP candidates for Matia Mahal - Shakeel Anjum, Ballimaran - Farhana Anjum and Chandni Chowk - Vikram Badhwar, took part in the padyatra, which lasted over three hours, and discussed the problems facing people in those areas, a party spokesperson said.
"People often accuse politicians of losing touch with people on ground, but staying true to its promise of changing the politics of the country, AAP has been going door-to-door to meet the citizens of Delhi to discuss problems of the national capital and seek solutions," the spokesperson said.
Kejriwal and his team received a warm response from the locals, who promised their whole-hearted support to him.
The AAP leaders were welcomed with loud cheers when they reached near the Jama Masjid area around 11 AM.
Local residents and shopkeepers had gathered at the place and voiced concern about rising electricity bills and poor water supply in the area.
AAP leaders reiterated their promise of reducing electricity tariff and improving water supply.
The other problems highlighted were related to sewage, street lighting and education of children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- England vs Pakistan, 1st ODI: Pak Innings — As it happened...
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar