Arvind Kejriwal has high blood sugar level, to start insulin course: Family doc
New Delhi: Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, who has been dogged of late by health problems, was on Monday examined by his family doctor at the Secretariat here and started a course of insulin to bring down his high blood sugar levels.
Dr Bipin Mittal, Kejriwal`s family doctor, said that the Delhi CM`s blood sugar level had shot up following dinner last night.
Mittal added that the increase in the sugar level was a result of the oral steroids which Kejriwal is taking for his respiratory problems.
"Earlier, he was using an inhaler for bronchitis, but he was then administrated oral steroids. That led to an increase in the sugar levels," Mittal said, adding that Kejriwal would now need to take the insulin shots twice a day.
He also expressed concern over a protein deficiency in Kejriwal. Kejriwal is a strict vegetarian.
Mittal added that Kejriwal has not suffered any bouts of acute bronchitis in the last couple of days.
Kejriwal had recently undergone a CT scan besides various other tests following a two-day dharna outside Rail Bhavan.
During the protest, Kejriwal had slept in the open outside Rail Bhavan despite running a mild fever.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read