Arvind Kejriwal holds session with legislators
New Delhi: The tenets of Swaraj, rules of the Assembly and the Aam Aadmi Party`s ideology were some of the points which party chief Arvind Kejriwal tried to drum into all the winning candidates who will be first time legislators in Delhi.
After meeting Lt Governor Najeeb Jung over the party forming the next government in Delhi, Kejriwal held a session with the party`s 28 winning candidates at the Constitution Club in the heart of the capital.
The six-hour marathon session was also about the functioning of the legislators, party members told a news agency.
Senior party leaders Yogendra Yadav and Gopal Rai also took part in the session.
"We told them about the basic principles of our party," Rai told a news agency.
For Rakhi Birla, who is likely be a minister in Kejriwal`s Cabinet, the session was "enriching".
"Whatever we have been told, we will follow," she said.
Party leaders said more such sessions will be held in the future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?