Arvind Kejriwal invites Anna Hazare to swearing-in ceremony
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal on Friday invited his `guru` Anna Haazre to the swearing-in ceremony to be held at Ramlila Maidan.
The Delhi CM designate today called Anna and requested him to attend the oath taking ceremony of his party leaders.
While calling upon people to come in large numbers at Ramlila Hround for the swearing-in ceremony, Kejriwal yesterday said he wpould speak to Anna and ask him to grace the occasion.
"Anna Hazare is my guru and I would personally talk to him on phone to invite him for the ceremony," he had said.
In Ralegan Siddhi, Hazare had said he would not be able to attend the ceremony on health grounds.
Kejriwal, who tapped into public anger to take the AAP to the corridors of power, will take oath on Saturday as Delhi`s seventh chief minister, with his party promising to "completely overhaul" the system. The swearing-in ceremony will be held at the Ramlila Maidan, where Anna Hazare fasted for 12 days for Jan Lokpal Bill with Kejriwal as one of his aides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months