Arvind Kejriwal invites Anna Hazare to swearing-in ceremony
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal on Friday invited his `guru` Anna Haazre to the swearing-in ceremony to be held at Ramlila Maidan.
The Delhi CM designate today called Anna and requested him to attend the oath taking ceremony of his party leaders.
While calling upon people to come in large numbers at Ramlila Hround for the swearing-in ceremony, Kejriwal yesterday said he wpould speak to Anna and ask him to grace the occasion.
"Anna Hazare is my guru and I would personally talk to him on phone to invite him for the ceremony," he had said.
In Ralegan Siddhi, Hazare had said he would not be able to attend the ceremony on health grounds.
Kejriwal, who tapped into public anger to take the AAP to the corridors of power, will take oath on Saturday as Delhi`s seventh chief minister, with his party promising to "completely overhaul" the system. The swearing-in ceremony will be held at the Ramlila Maidan, where Anna Hazare fasted for 12 days for Jan Lokpal Bill with Kejriwal as one of his aides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought