Arvind Kejriwal-led govt in Delhi to give 15,000 auto rickshaw permits to SC/ST
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Tuesday decided to issue permits for 15,000 auto rickshaws under ST and SC category with a view to provide self employment to people belonging to these categories.
Announcing the government`s move, Delhi Transport Minister Saurabh Bhardwaj said it will help 15,000 families to earn their livelihood and also help in reducing unemployment.
Bhardwaj indicated at taking stern actions against "auto mafia" and said the government would take measures to solve the problems of auto rickshaw drivers.
"In several cases over 500 auto rickshaws each are registered on many persons` name and they give them on higher rent to drivers to ply them. We will take steps to stop this corrupt practise. We will get rid of auto mafia and corruption from this sector, said Bhardwaj.
"The auto drivers have played a measure role in AAP`s victory. They stood with us during election campaigning. The government is aware of their problems and will takes step to solve them," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement