Arvind Kejriwal-led govt in Delhi to give 15,000 auto rickshaw permits to SC/ST
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Tuesday decided to issue permits for 15,000 auto rickshaws under ST and SC category with a view to provide self employment to people belonging to these categories.
Announcing the government`s move, Delhi Transport Minister Saurabh Bhardwaj said it will help 15,000 families to earn their livelihood and also help in reducing unemployment.
Bhardwaj indicated at taking stern actions against "auto mafia" and said the government would take measures to solve the problems of auto rickshaw drivers.
"In several cases over 500 auto rickshaws each are registered on many persons` name and they give them on higher rent to drivers to ply them. We will take steps to stop this corrupt practise. We will get rid of auto mafia and corruption from this sector, said Bhardwaj.
"The auto drivers have played a measure role in AAP`s victory. They stood with us during election campaigning. The government is aware of their problems and will takes step to solve them," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH