Arvind Kejriwal meets Delhi chief secretary
Ghaziabad/New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal, who will be Delhi`s chief minister, on Tuesday met the national capital`s chief secretary to discuss government formation, party sources said.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia, who is likely to be given a key ministry, was also present.
According to party sources, Kejriwal invited Delhi Chief Secretary DM Spolia to his Vaishali residence.
"Among other things, Kejriwal wanted to discuss with the chief secretary the financial health of the government," a party source said.
Government sources said Spolia informed Kejriwal that president`s clearance has been given for government formation.
"The chief secretary then discussed (with Kejriwal) what further needs to be done in this direction," government sources said.
Kejriwal is also likely to meet other senior bureaucrats during the day.
The AAP, which staked claim to form the government in Delhi after the Bharatiya Janata Party decided against it, will name its ministers on Wednesday.
Kejriwal has said he and his ministers will take oath at the Ramlila Maidan, where an anti-corruption movement led by Anna Hazare, was launched. AAP was born out of the anti-corruption movement last year. The date for swearing-in has not been finalised yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore