Arvind Kejriwal meets Delhi chief secretary
Ghaziabad/New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal, who will be Delhi`s chief minister, on Tuesday met the national capital`s chief secretary to discuss government formation, party sources said.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia, who is likely to be given a key ministry, was also present.
According to party sources, Kejriwal invited Delhi Chief Secretary DM Spolia to his Vaishali residence.
"Among other things, Kejriwal wanted to discuss with the chief secretary the financial health of the government," a party source said.
Government sources said Spolia informed Kejriwal that president`s clearance has been given for government formation.
"The chief secretary then discussed (with Kejriwal) what further needs to be done in this direction," government sources said.
Kejriwal is also likely to meet other senior bureaucrats during the day.
The AAP, which staked claim to form the government in Delhi after the Bharatiya Janata Party decided against it, will name its ministers on Wednesday.
Kejriwal has said he and his ministers will take oath at the Ramlila Maidan, where an anti-corruption movement led by Anna Hazare, was launched. AAP was born out of the anti-corruption movement last year. The date for swearing-in has not been finalised yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi