Arvind Kejriwal not a serious candidate, ready to debate with Sheila Dikshit: Vijender Gupta
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state unit chief Vijender Gupta, who will be contesting against formidable Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in the upcoming Delhi Assembly election, Wednesday, said that Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal is not a serious candidate.
On Kejrwial’s challenge of having a public debate with both the Congress and the BJP CM candidates, Gupta said that he is ready for a debate with the Delhi Chief Minister on any platform, but doesn’t consider Kejriwal as a serious candidate.
The AAP leader has repeatedly challenged Dikshit and BJP’s CM candidate Dr Harshvardhan for a public debate ahead of Delhi Assembly polls.
Last month, Kejriwal had sent a formal invitation to Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit inviting her for an open public debate.
Kejriwal, 45, whose won the Magsaysay Award for emergent leadership for his campaign to get the Right to Information law passed in India, has announced his candidature from New Delhi Assembly constituency, which has been electing Congress Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
AAP has decided to field candidates in all 70 constituencies. The party had last week claimed it was on course to form the next government in Delhi. AAP had come out with a survey which showed the party was leading in 33 of 70 assembly seats in capital.
The party has been attacking Delhi government on a number of issues including power and water tariff and alleged corruption.
Delhi Asembly elections will be held in the national capital Dec 4 with over 11.5 million voters eligible to cast their ballots in 70 constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader