Arvind Kejriwal not a serious candidate, ready to debate with Sheila Dikshit: Vijender Gupta
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state unit chief Vijender Gupta, who will be contesting against formidable Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in the upcoming Delhi Assembly election, Wednesday, said that Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal is not a serious candidate.
On Kejrwial’s challenge of having a public debate with both the Congress and the BJP CM candidates, Gupta said that he is ready for a debate with the Delhi Chief Minister on any platform, but doesn’t consider Kejriwal as a serious candidate.
The AAP leader has repeatedly challenged Dikshit and BJP’s CM candidate Dr Harshvardhan for a public debate ahead of Delhi Assembly polls.
Last month, Kejriwal had sent a formal invitation to Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit inviting her for an open public debate.
Kejriwal, 45, whose won the Magsaysay Award for emergent leadership for his campaign to get the Right to Information law passed in India, has announced his candidature from New Delhi Assembly constituency, which has been electing Congress Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
AAP has decided to field candidates in all 70 constituencies. The party had last week claimed it was on course to form the next government in Delhi. AAP had come out with a survey which showed the party was leading in 33 of 70 assembly seats in capital.
The party has been attacking Delhi government on a number of issues including power and water tariff and alleged corruption.
Delhi Asembly elections will be held in the national capital Dec 4 with over 11.5 million voters eligible to cast their ballots in 70 constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details