Arvind Kejriwal not a serious candidate, ready to debate with Sheila Dikshit: Vijender Gupta
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state unit chief Vijender Gupta, who will be contesting against formidable Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in the upcoming Delhi Assembly election, Wednesday, said that Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal is not a serious candidate.
On Kejrwial’s challenge of having a public debate with both the Congress and the BJP CM candidates, Gupta said that he is ready for a debate with the Delhi Chief Minister on any platform, but doesn’t consider Kejriwal as a serious candidate.
The AAP leader has repeatedly challenged Dikshit and BJP’s CM candidate Dr Harshvardhan for a public debate ahead of Delhi Assembly polls.
Last month, Kejriwal had sent a formal invitation to Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit inviting her for an open public debate.
Kejriwal, 45, whose won the Magsaysay Award for emergent leadership for his campaign to get the Right to Information law passed in India, has announced his candidature from New Delhi Assembly constituency, which has been electing Congress Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
AAP has decided to field candidates in all 70 constituencies. The party had last week claimed it was on course to form the next government in Delhi. AAP had come out with a survey which showed the party was leading in 33 of 70 assembly seats in capital.
The party has been attacking Delhi government on a number of issues including power and water tariff and alleged corruption.
Delhi Asembly elections will be held in the national capital Dec 4 with over 11.5 million voters eligible to cast their ballots in 70 constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed