Arvind Kejriwal pays homage at Rajghat
New Delhi: Delhi`s newly sworn-in Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday headed straight to Rajghat after his oath-taking ceremony to pay homage at the Mahatma Gandhi memorial.
Kejriwal offered flowers at the shining granite memorial to the Mahatma and bowed his head along with some of his colleagues and supporters who accompanied him.
The Aam Aadmi Party leader took oath as Delhi`s seventh chief minister at Ramlila Maidan, watched by tens of thousands of excited supporters and on live television around the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!