Arvind Kejriwal recovering, expected to attend office tomorrow
Ghaziabad: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, who has skipped office due to ill health, is recovering well and expected to attend office tomorrow, Health Minister Satyendra Jain said Tuesday.
Jain said the Chief Minister is feeling better.
"He (Kejriwal) is feeling better as he is taking rest. He will join office tomorrow," the Health Minister told reporters.
Jain had earlier in the day met Kejriwal at his Kaushambi residence and hoped the Chief Minister would be able attend the session of the Delhi Legislative Assembly beginning tomorrow.
"We hope that he would be able to attend the Assembly Session," Jain said.
Kejriwal`s doctor Dr Vipin Mittal has advised him two-day bed rest.
"Kejriwal wanted to attend office for two hours today, but I advised him not to do this. Kejriwal`s blood pressure is normal and he is recovering well. As he recently went on a fast, he is feeling weak," Dr Mittal, who is treating the newly elected Chief Minister, said this morning.
"His BP is 110/70 and sugar is 76. He still has fever. He will also require drips," the doctor said, adding hospitalisation is not required.
Rajendra Kumar, principal secretary to the Chief Minister, also visited Kejriwal`s house this morning besides senior AAP leaders Kumar Vishwas and Sanjay Singh.
Mittal said Kejriwal wanted to meet the family of Delhi Police constable Vinod Kumar, who was beaten to death by liquor mafia in Githorni area in south Delhi, but he has advised him against going out.
"I have got to know that Vinod Kumar`s family lives in Muzaffarnagar.I have clearly asked Kejriwal not to go there because he is not in a such condition to go out of Delhi," he said.
However, Mittal said that he knows Kejriwal for a long time and he might not follow his advice.
The Chief Minister, who had skipped office due to ill health, had yesterday chaired the meeting of Delhi Jal Board at his residence in Kaushambi and took a decision on supplying free water of 667 litres a day to each household.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday