Arvind Kejriwal refuses UP Police security cover
Ghaziabad: AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal, who is all set to be the Chief Minister of Delhi, on Tuesday once again refused to accept the security cover offered by Uttar Pradesh Police.
Senior Superintendent of Police of Ghaziabad, Dharmendra Yadav, today met Kejriwal at his residence after he received a letter from Security branch of Delhi Police to provide security cover to him.
"We have received letter from Delhi Police Security branch regarding security of his residence at Kaushambi. I met him today but he refused to take any security cover," Yadav said.
Yesterday, Kejriwal had refused to accept the `Z` security cover, which he is entitled to as the Chief Minister of Delhi, by the Delhi Police.
Earlier also, he had refused the security cover offered by the Uttar Pradesh police to him.
Kejriwal had been saying that he or his party MLAs would not take security cover, bunglow or cars fitted with red beacon after coming to power. He terms them as part of VIP culture which he had vowed to eradicate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog