Arvind Kejriwal resorting to `symbolism`: BJP
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Tuesday accused Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal accusing it of resorting to "symbolism" on various issues and "failing" to adhere to deadlines on a number of initiatives.
Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel also charged Kejriwal with taking a "U-turn" on probing cases of alleged corruption against the previous Congress government.
"He and his ministerial colleagues are playing to the gallery and not doing any serious work. Mere symbolism will not help and the situation on administrative front has worsened over the last 10 days in the national capital. The AAP-Congress alliance government is proving to be a disaster for Delhiites," said Goel.
"The Chief Minister should answer why he has taken a U-turn on the issue of corruption by the previous Congress government? Instead of putting corrupt Congress leaders behind the bars, why is he giving such lame excuses"? said Goel.
Listing the announcements made by AAP which have remained only on paper, Goel said the corruption helpline was promised to be made functional within 48 hours and it has been more than a week after he assumed charge.
"Similarly, 45 night shelters were announced to be functional for the homeless in 48 hours but even after several days, they have not been made functional. In fact, NGOs running these shelters are lamenting the undue interference of AAP workers," Goel said.
The BJP leader said the Chief Minister had also announced that he will roll back the CNG price hike.
"The water tariff for lakhs of consumers has been increased by 10 per cent. The so-called free water measure will not benefit majority of households in the city," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy