Arvind Kejriwal should get mental check-up done: BJP on horse-trading charges
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after the Aam Aadmi Party released a recorded audio message of Arvind Kejriwal accusing the BJP of indulging in horse-trading to form the government in Delhi, the Bharatiya Janata Party on Wednesday called the AAP chief a `frustrated` man.
Talking to reporters, senior Delhi BJP leader and MP Ramesh Bidhuri said Kejriwal should get a mental check-up done.
Meanwhile, newly-appointed Delhi BJP president Satish Upadhyay said Kejriwal must give evidence to back his claim. The AAP chief should be asked which MLA did he see taking Rs 20 crore?, asked Upadhyay.
Responding to BJP`s statement, AAP leader Ashutosh, on microblogging website Twitter, hit out at BJP new president Amit Shah.
BJP should get its mental chek up done to find an answer why it chose a murder accused and extortion racketeer as party president?#BJPmental
— ashutosh (@ashutosh83B) July 16, 2014
Kejriwal`s message, in Hindi, claimed: "The BJP is resorting to dishonest and highly unethical methods to form the government by offering Rs 20 crore each to many MLAs”.
"It is completely wrong. If the BJP forms the government using such illegitimate methods and by spending hundreds of crores, then such a dishonest government will only increase your electricity bills, indulge in corruption and price rise," the audio said.
"This recorded message is now being sent to the people, using different platforms available for disseminating audio information," an Aam Aadmi Party leader said.
Delhi has been under President`s rule since February when Kejriwal quit as chief minister over the stalling of the Jan Lokpal bill in the Assembly.
The Assembly has been under suspended animation ever since and no party has staked claim to form the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez