Arvind Kejriwal shown black flags during Faridabad roadshow
Faridabad: Kicking off his two-day Haryana roadshow here, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Saturday slammed the Congress and BJP, saying gas prices will "increase manifold" if the two parties come to power.
The AAP leader, who was shown black flags by some local residents as he launched his tour this morning, said, "Centre should not be allowed to increase gas price from April 1. There are some media reports that EC has taken cognizance of my complaints for which I am very thankful. I hope EC would not allow Centre to increase gas price".
The AAP leader had termed the Centre`s decision to increase the price of natural gas from April 1 as a clear violation of the model code of conduct and had written to Chief Election Commissioner V Sampath about it.
"The people of this country should decide themselves as to whom they would vote for in Lok Sabha elections. If UPA or BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi comes to power, the gas price would increase manifold. And, this is only doing to benefit Mukesh Ambani," he alleged.
"We will have to prevent Modi and Congress from coming to power if we have to make India a corruption-free country. Both have worked to `rob` people of this country," he alleged.
Kejriwal claimed no development has been done in Gujarat by the Modi-led Government.
"I have gone there (Gujarat) and found no development. Modi is fooling people on the issue of development," Kejriwal claimed.
Kejriwal`s roadshow will pass through different parts of Faridabad like Chandawali, Dayalpur, Chaynsa, Mohna and Alawalpur and end at Nuh tonight.
The roadshow is scheduled to enter Gurgaon, from where AAP leader Yogendra Yadav is contesting elections, tomorrow afternoon and will continue through various areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing
- LIC to fill posts for 2 MDs; yet to name chairman