Arvind Kejriwal shown black flags during Faridabad roadshow
Faridabad: Kicking off his two-day Haryana roadshow here, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Saturday slammed the Congress and BJP, saying gas prices will "increase manifold" if the two parties come to power.
The AAP leader, who was shown black flags by some local residents as he launched his tour this morning, said, "Centre should not be allowed to increase gas price from April 1. There are some media reports that EC has taken cognizance of my complaints for which I am very thankful. I hope EC would not allow Centre to increase gas price".
The AAP leader had termed the Centre`s decision to increase the price of natural gas from April 1 as a clear violation of the model code of conduct and had written to Chief Election Commissioner V Sampath about it.
"The people of this country should decide themselves as to whom they would vote for in Lok Sabha elections. If UPA or BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi comes to power, the gas price would increase manifold. And, this is only doing to benefit Mukesh Ambani," he alleged.
"We will have to prevent Modi and Congress from coming to power if we have to make India a corruption-free country. Both have worked to `rob` people of this country," he alleged.
Kejriwal claimed no development has been done in Gujarat by the Modi-led Government.
"I have gone there (Gujarat) and found no development. Modi is fooling people on the issue of development," Kejriwal claimed.
Kejriwal`s roadshow will pass through different parts of Faridabad like Chandawali, Dayalpur, Chaynsa, Mohna and Alawalpur and end at Nuh tonight.
The roadshow is scheduled to enter Gurgaon, from where AAP leader Yogendra Yadav is contesting elections, tomorrow afternoon and will continue through various areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh