Arvind Kejriwal shown black flags during Faridabad roadshow
Faridabad: Kicking off his two-day Haryana roadshow here, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Saturday slammed the Congress and BJP, saying gas prices will "increase manifold" if the two parties come to power.
The AAP leader, who was shown black flags by some local residents as he launched his tour this morning, said, "Centre should not be allowed to increase gas price from April 1. There are some media reports that EC has taken cognizance of my complaints for which I am very thankful. I hope EC would not allow Centre to increase gas price".
The AAP leader had termed the Centre`s decision to increase the price of natural gas from April 1 as a clear violation of the model code of conduct and had written to Chief Election Commissioner V Sampath about it.
"The people of this country should decide themselves as to whom they would vote for in Lok Sabha elections. If UPA or BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi comes to power, the gas price would increase manifold. And, this is only doing to benefit Mukesh Ambani," he alleged.
"We will have to prevent Modi and Congress from coming to power if we have to make India a corruption-free country. Both have worked to `rob` people of this country," he alleged.
Kejriwal claimed no development has been done in Gujarat by the Modi-led Government.
"I have gone there (Gujarat) and found no development. Modi is fooling people on the issue of development," Kejriwal claimed.
Kejriwal`s roadshow will pass through different parts of Faridabad like Chandawali, Dayalpur, Chaynsa, Mohna and Alawalpur and end at Nuh tonight.
The roadshow is scheduled to enter Gurgaon, from where AAP leader Yogendra Yadav is contesting elections, tomorrow afternoon and will continue through various areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore