Arvind Kejriwal takes on BJP over power crisis in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday hit out at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) over power crisis in the national capital.
While slamming the BJP, the former Delhi chief minister asked the party to take immediate action to normalise the power supply.
Here`s what Kejriwal said:
Major power cuts all across delhi. BJP needs to explain and take immediate action.
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) June 7, 2014
Kejriwal`s reaction comes after the national capital on Friday reeled under massive power cuts ranging from two to ten hours as a number of major electricity transmission lines tripped due to technical snags.
Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung said many areas will continue to face planned blackouts for a few more days as repairs to the power towers and lines which were damaged in the storm that hit the city last week are taking time.
Friday was hottest June 6 in the last five years as the maximum temperature settled down at 45 degrees Celsius, five notches above the season`s average. The minimum temperature was recorded a notch above the season`s average at 29.4 degrees Celsius.
The Met Office has said that the maximum temperature is likely to soar to 46 degrees Celsius today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch