Arvind Kejriwal threatens to disrupt Republic Day parade, BJP demands apology
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday condemned Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s statement warning to disrupt the Republic Day celebrations in the national capital.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar condemned Kejrwial`s statement saying that the Delhi Chief Minister has demeaned the Republic Day and demanded his apology to the nation.
The BJP leader accused the Congress and Aam Aadmi Party of being in connivance and termed Kejriwal`s protest as a conspiracy hatched by the two parties.
Javadekar said Congress and AAP are hand in gloves and the latest protest is an attempt to divert attention from corruption allegations against Congress leaders.
Adamant on his stance, `anarchist` Delhi CM Kejriwal warned to disrupt the Republic Day celebrations in the capital, as the sit-in staged by the AAP entered second day today.
Threatening to hinder R-Day parade, Kejriwal said that Rajpath on 26th January, will be thronged by lakhs of people, and not the tableau if his demands aren`t met.
Attacking Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Kejriwal said he will not shift to Jantar Mantar as requested by the police and the Centre will have to accept his demand for action against the policemen who had refused to act against the alleged drug and prostitution racket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family