Arvind Kejriwal to hold demonstration for dissolution of Delhi Assembly
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party will hold a rally in the national capital in support of their demand of dissolution of the Legislative Assembly and hold fresh elections.
The main focus of the rally would be on "Why is the BJP running away from Delhi assembly elections? Why are the people of Delhi being denied the right to elect a government of their choice?" said a party spokesperson.
The Delhi Assembly is in abeyance ever since the resignation of Arvind Kejriwal in February this year.
Kejriwal, who is also party`s National Convener, would address the rally at the Jantar Mantar along with several other senior party leaders.
All party MLAs, office-bearers are also expected to remain present for the rally which is expected to commence at 3 PM at Jantar Mantar here.
More importantly, the rally will also be show of strength and boost the morale of its cadre after its mauling in the Lok Sabha election where the party drew a blank in the national capital.
This would be the second rally by Kejriwal in less than a week and presence of crowd also test AAP`s support base.
On Thursday, the AAP chief addressed a rally of auto drivers, who played a key role in party`s campaigning during the 2013 assembly election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa
- Twin suicide bombs kill 13 near Mogadishu airport
- CPI(M) Kashmir criticises DG CRPF for his comment on pellet guns
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more