Arvind Kejriwal to hold rally for dissolution of Delhi Assembly today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party will on Sunday hold a rally and press for dissolution of the Delhi Assembly.
The main focus of the rally, which will be held at Jantar Mantar here, would be: "Why is the BJP running away from Delhi Assembly Elections? Why are the people of Delhi being denied the right to elect a government of their choice?".
AAP National Convener Arvind Kejriwal will address the rally along with several other senior party leaders.
All party MLAs, office-bearers are expected to remain present for the rally which is expected to commence at 3 PM at Jantar Mantar here.
This would be the second rally by Kejriwal in less than a week.
On Thursday, the AAP chief addressed a rally of auto drivers, who played a key role in party`s campaigning during the 2013 Assembly Election.
The rally success will be considered a show of strength for the party with the Assembly Elections in the mind.
Delhi has been under President`s rule since February 14, 2014, when Kejriwal quit as chief minister over the Jan Lokpal bill being stalled.
(With Agency inputs)
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm