Arvind Kejriwal to meet President to demand fresh polls in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal will on Thursday meet President Pranab Mukherjee over the alleged "horse trading" by the BJP in Delhi.
The AAP chief, along with his party legislators, will demand fresh Assembly Elections in the capital.
"All AAP MLAs meeting the President tomo (sic) at 6.30 p.m. to request him to dissolve Delhi assembly n (sic) hold elections," Kejriwal had tweeted on Wednesday.
"BJP attempting horse trading in Delhi, desperately approaching our MLAs...," the Aam Aadmi Party chief and former Delhi chief minister added.
Earlier on Wednesday, AAP legislator Bandana Kumari had alleged that a "BJP worker" threatened her with dire consequences after she rejected his offer to join the party.
"Sanjay Paliwal who identified himself as someone associated with the Bharatiya Janata Party came to my office and offered me a ministerial berth and promised to introduce me to (Prime Minister) Narendra Modi," Kumari told a news agency.
"I told him that you have knocked at the wrong door. He threatened me and my family with dire consequences if I revealed anything about this meeting," she added.
Kumari said she has complained to police and submitted CCTV footage of the incident.
On earlier occasions too, the AAP has accused the BJP of luring its legislators to join the party to help it form the government.
With three BJP legislators being elected to the Lok Sabha, the strength of the Delhi Assembly has come down to 67. The party`s number has also come down to 28 from the earlier 31. A lone Akali Dal legislator is on its side.
Delhi has been under presidential rule since February 17 after Kejriwal resigned as chief minister over the stalling of the Jan Lokpal bill in the Assembly.
No party in the capital, where the Assembly is currently under suspended animation, has staked claim to form the government and this might pave the way for fresh elections.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan