Arvind Kejriwal`s Cabinet gets bureaucrats to assist them
New Delhi: Within a few hours of being sworn in, Delhi`s new Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal got down to organising the work set-up, and allocated bureaucrats to the six Cabinet ministers.
Manish Sisodia, who will look after the public works department, urban development, higher education and local bodies, will be assisted by C Arvind, additional commissioner (Trade and Taxes).
Somnath Bharti, who is to look after administrative reforms, law, tourism, art and culture ministries, will be assisted by Binay Bhushan, general manager, Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation (DTTDC).
Satyendra Jain, who will look after the ministries of health, industries and gurdwara elections, will be assisted by PK Panda, special commissioner (Trade and Taxes).
Rakhi Birla, who will be handling women and child development, social welfare and languages, will be assisted by D Varma, additional director (Education) as her secretary.
Girish Soni, who will be looking after the ministries of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, employment, development and skill mission and labour, will be assisted by C Uday Kumar, additional secretary (Urban Development).
Saurabh Bhardwaj, who has been given the ministries of transport, food supply, environment, elections and general administrative department, will be assisted by G Sudhakar, deputy inspector general (Prisons), Tihar Central Jail.
Kejriwal is tipped to get Rajendra Kumar, an IAS officer of 1989 batch, as his principal secretary.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in