Arvind Kejriwal`s oath-taking ceremony cost Rs 13.41 lakhs
New Delhi: The Delhi government spent Rs 13.41 lakh on the oath-taking ceremony of Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Chief Minister at Ramlila Maidan and on the publicity of the mammoth function.
In response to a RTI, the Delhi government`s General Administration Department said it had spent Rs 6.33 lakh on the Ramlila Maidan ceremony and Rs 6.7 lakh on its publicity.
The figure, however, does not include the expenses incurred on water, fire, power, transportation and decoration services.
The department said the exercise also involved public works department, north Delhi city corporation, Delhi water board, fire brigade and power services, Delhi police, and the information and broadcasting department.
"Funds were spent by these departments, details of which should be asked from them," it said.
Total Rs 73,913 was spent on the barricading of Ramlila Maidan, Executive Engineer, Civil Bhawan Anurakshan Mandal said.
The Aam Aadmi Party had opted for Ramlila Maidan for the exercise held on December 28 last year instead of the usual ceremony that takes place in Raj Bhavan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter