Asha Chauhan elected chairman of Gurgaon district council
Gurgaon: Asha Chauhan was on Tuesday elected the new chairperson of the Gurgaon Zila Parishad (district council) after the incumbent was removed from the post by a no-confidence motion, an official said.
Seven out of the 10 district councillors voted against Kavita Yadav.
The post is reserved for women. Yadav was elected chairperson in July 2010.
All the seven councillors had given a written complaint against Yadav on June 26, alleging she had misused funds, including Rs 10 lakh each issued by the Haryana Chief Minister for development of their wards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future