Asha Chauhan elected chairman of Gurgaon district council
Gurgaon: Asha Chauhan was on Tuesday elected the new chairperson of the Gurgaon Zila Parishad (district council) after the incumbent was removed from the post by a no-confidence motion, an official said.
Seven out of the 10 district councillors voted against Kavita Yadav.
The post is reserved for women. Yadav was elected chairperson in July 2010.
All the seven councillors had given a written complaint against Yadav on June 26, alleging she had misused funds, including Rs 10 lakh each issued by the Haryana Chief Minister for development of their wards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!