Asha Chauhan elected chairman of Gurgaon district council
Gurgaon: Asha Chauhan was on Tuesday elected the new chairperson of the Gurgaon Zila Parishad (district council) after the incumbent was removed from the post by a no-confidence motion, an official said.
Seven out of the 10 district councillors voted against Kavita Yadav.
The post is reserved for women. Yadav was elected chairperson in July 2010.
All the seven councillors had given a written complaint against Yadav on June 26, alleging she had misused funds, including Rs 10 lakh each issued by the Haryana Chief Minister for development of their wards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video