Aspiring model arrested for chain, bag snatching
New Delhi: An aspiring model who is also the leader of a bikers gang and his accomplice have been arrested for allegedly being involved in chain and bag snatching in west and south west Delhi, police said on Wednesday.
"Pankaj Sharma alias Taina and Jitender alias Johny were arrested on Tuesdayafter police received specific information that they would be coming near the petrol pump at Jail road in Hari Nagar at around 6.30 PM," a senior police official said.
They had come on a motor cycle to commit chain or bag snatching and two gold chains were recovered from them, he said.
"Taina, an aspiring model, was the leader of the bikers gang while Johny was previously arrested in a case of chain snatching," ACP west district V Renganathan said.
The duo also confessed to their involvement in other chain snatching incidents in Janakpuri area.
The third member of their gang, Deepak Kumar, is absconding, Renganathan said.
"They used to commit chain or bag snatching on stolen motorcycles and they used to spend their earnings on their girl friends or on branded clothes," the officer said.
Gang leader Pankaj Sharma alias Taina, being stout and smart, was aspiring to be a model and undergoing his portfolio shoot with a famous photographer.
He has paid a huge amount for the above shoot from the earnings of chain snatching.
Taina used to ride the motorcycle and Johny or Deepak would sit on the pillion. The gang used to target girls and women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore