Aspiring model murder: Rs.50,000 reward for clues
New Delhi: A reward of Rs.50,000 was announced Monday for information leading to an absconding suspect in an aspiring model`s murder here, police said.
Investigators were hunting for script writer Shanti Deep Verma, 31, in connection with the murder of Sumit Tiwari, 21, in east Delhi Saturday, police said.
"Shanti Deep Verma`s involvement is suspected in the murder and a Rs.2 lakh ransom call made to the victim`s father," said a police officer.
Tiwari`s body was found stuffed in a plastic bag in Verma`s rented house in Mandawali, police said.
Verma, a native of Uttar Pradesh`s Bahraich district, was missing since Tiwari`s body was found, police said.
On Sunday, two other friends of Tiwari were questioned, police said.
Tiwari was missing from his house in Karawal Nagar in east Delhi since Feb 21. He completed an acting course three months ago at a private college in Noida. He was looking forward to becoming a model and TV actor, an officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000