Assamese girl gang-raped in South Delhi; 2 held
New Delhi: An Assamese girl was allegedly raped by two men hailing from her state in Mahipalpur area in South Delhi.
The two accused identified as Rahul and Harun, both in their 20s and residents of Tejpur, Assam have been arrested on charges of rape, police said.
"Rahul knew the girl, who is around 20-year-old and is also a resident of Tejpur. Both of them had first gone to Kerala and had reached Delhi on Friday night after which they had stayed at Harun`s place in Mahipalpur where he lived on rent," said a police official.
The duo allegedly raped her last afternoon. Following the incident, the girl somehow raised an alarm after which a passerby called the police.
"We received a PCR call about the incident at 3:45 PM after which a team rushed to the spot," he said.
A case was registered at Vasant Kunj (South) police station and the two men were arrested in the night, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet