Assamese girl raped in South Delhi; 2 held
New Delhi: An Assamese girl was allegedly raped by two men hailing from her state in Mahipalpur area in South Delhi.
The two accused identified as Rahul and Harun, both in their 20s and residents of Tejpur, Assam have been arrested on charges of rape, police said.
"Rahul knew the girl, who is around 20-year-old and is also a resident of Tejpur. Both of them had first gone to Kerala and had reached Delhi on Friday night after which they had stayed at Harun`s place in Mahipalpur where he lived on rent," said a police official.
The duo allegedly raped her last afternoon. Following the incident, the girl somehow raised an alarm after which a passerby called the police.
"We received a PCR call about the incident at 3:45 PM after which a team rushed to the spot," he said.
A case was registered at Vasant Kunj (South) police station and the two men were arrested in the night, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued