Assamese girl raped in South Delhi; 2 held
New Delhi: An Assamese girl was allegedly raped by two men hailing from her state in Mahipalpur area in South Delhi.
The two accused identified as Rahul and Harun, both in their 20s and residents of Tejpur, Assam have been arrested on charges of rape, police said.
"Rahul knew the girl, who is around 20-year-old and is also a resident of Tejpur. Both of them had first gone to Kerala and had reached Delhi on Friday night after which they had stayed at Harun`s place in Mahipalpur where he lived on rent," said a police official.
The duo allegedly raped her last afternoon. Following the incident, the girl somehow raised an alarm after which a passerby called the police.
"We received a PCR call about the incident at 3:45 PM after which a team rushed to the spot," he said.
A case was registered at Vasant Kunj (South) police station and the two men were arrested in the night, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack