Assault on Manipuris: Minister asks police to nab culprits
New Delhi: Minister of Development of
North Eastern Region (DoNER) B K Handique on Friday asked Delhi
Police to immediately nab the culprits involved in an assault
of a Manipuri brother-sister duo earlier this week in Munirka
area of South Delhi.
Handique, condemning the incident, asked Delhi police
to take the incident seriously.
A brother-sister duo hailing from Manipur were beaten
allegedly by their landlord and neighbours in Munirka on
"It is a matter of grave concern that the culprits are
yet to be arrested after three days of the incident. However,
we have full confidence on police and we have asked them to
arrest the accused immediately," he said.
The incident took place around 11 pm on Tuesday when
the brother objected to someone staring at them through the
window. The two were assaulted allegedly by the landlord`s
family and neighbours following the protest. They were rushed
to AIIMS Trauma Centre.
The brother suffered serious head injuries and his
condition is stated to be serious, the NGO said, adding that
the sister suffered injuries on her head and face.
The two, whose names were not disclosed, were living
in a rented accommodation for the past one year at Babulal
Chowk in Munirka.
Handique said he is personally keeping a tab on the
developments of the case.
Following direction from Handique, a senior officer
from the Ministry of DoNER visited the victim and assured the
necessary support and help from the Ministry.
The officer also met concerned police officials to
take stock of the progress of the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!