ATM van robbery: Guard succumbs to injuries
New Delhi: A guard, who was injured while trying to stop robbers from escaping with the cash van of a private bank in South Delhi on Friday, succumbed to his injuries on Saturday.
Despite the guard’s efforts, the armed robbers managed to escape with the cash van on Friday afternoon after waylaying the vehicle and opening fire on the guard.
The incident took place in Defence Colony area at around 1:45 pm when the van was carrying cash to an ATM of ICICI Bank, police said.
The van is believed to have contained around Rs 5 crore.
Meanwhile, two empty trunks were recovered from Khirki village in Malviya Nagar today.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!