ATM van robbery: Guard succumbs to injuries
New Delhi: A guard, who was injured while trying to stop robbers from escaping with the cash van of a private bank in South Delhi on Friday, succumbed to his injuries on Saturday.
Despite the guard’s efforts, the armed robbers managed to escape with the cash van on Friday afternoon after waylaying the vehicle and opening fire on the guard.
The incident took place in Defence Colony area at around 1:45 pm when the van was carrying cash to an ATM of ICICI Bank, police said.
The van is believed to have contained around Rs 5 crore.
Meanwhile, two empty trunks were recovered from Khirki village in Malviya Nagar today.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees