ATM van robbery: Guard succumbs to injuries
New Delhi: A guard, who was injured while trying to stop robbers from escaping with the cash van of a private bank in South Delhi on Friday, succumbed to his injuries on Saturday.
Despite the guard’s efforts, the armed robbers managed to escape with the cash van on Friday afternoon after waylaying the vehicle and opening fire on the guard.
The incident took place in Defence Colony area at around 1:45 pm when the van was carrying cash to an ATM of ICICI Bank, police said.
The van is believed to have contained around Rs 5 crore.
Meanwhile, two empty trunks were recovered from Khirki village in Malviya Nagar today.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Odisha shocker: No ambulance, staff break bones of woman's dead body to carry it on a sling
- Insult to Prophet Mohammad: Dispose off case against Hindu Mahasabha leader in 4 weeks, SC tells Allahabad HC
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover