ATM van robbery: Guard succumbs to injuries
New Delhi: A guard, who was injured while trying to stop robbers from escaping with the cash van of a private bank in South Delhi on Friday, succumbed to his injuries on Saturday.
Despite the guard’s efforts, the armed robbers managed to escape with the cash van on Friday afternoon after waylaying the vehicle and opening fire on the guard.
The incident took place in Defence Colony area at around 1:45 pm when the van was carrying cash to an ATM of ICICI Bank, police said.
The van is believed to have contained around Rs 5 crore.
Meanwhile, two empty trunks were recovered from Khirki village in Malviya Nagar today.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie