ATM van robbery: Guard succumbs to injuries
New Delhi: A guard, who was injured while trying to stop robbers from escaping with the cash van of a private bank in South Delhi on Friday, succumbed to his injuries on Saturday.
Despite the guard’s efforts, the armed robbers managed to escape with the cash van on Friday afternoon after waylaying the vehicle and opening fire on the guard.
The incident took place in Defence Colony area at around 1:45 pm when the van was carrying cash to an ATM of ICICI Bank, police said.
The van is believed to have contained around Rs 5 crore.
Meanwhile, two empty trunks were recovered from Khirki village in Malviya Nagar today.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi