Attachment proceedings of properties in Batla House case
Azamgarh: Lucknow unit of NIA on Monday carried out attachment proceedings of the properties of three absconding accused in the Batla House encounter case in Delhi while issuing non-bailable warrants against three others.
In-charge of Saraimeer police station, Brijesh Yadav said Lucknow unit team of the NIA led by Inspector Pravin Kushwaha carried out the attachment proceedings at the houses of Mohammad Shajid, Mohd Khalid and Shahnawaz Ahmed at their native village Sanjarpur here.
Besides, non-bailable warrants were issued against three others - Abu Rashid Sheikh alias Danda, Mohd Rashid and Shadab Ahmed, Yadav said.
These six persons are accused in September 19, 2008 Batla House encounter in which decorated police officer Inspector M C Sharma was killed and two other officers (head constables Balwant Singh and Rajbir Singh) were injured while performing their duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof