Attachment proceedings of properties in Batla House case
Azamgarh: Lucknow unit of NIA on Monday carried out attachment proceedings of the properties of three absconding accused in the Batla House encounter case in Delhi while issuing non-bailable warrants against three others.
In-charge of Saraimeer police station, Brijesh Yadav said Lucknow unit team of the NIA led by Inspector Pravin Kushwaha carried out the attachment proceedings at the houses of Mohammad Shajid, Mohd Khalid and Shahnawaz Ahmed at their native village Sanjarpur here.
Besides, non-bailable warrants were issued against three others - Abu Rashid Sheikh alias Danda, Mohd Rashid and Shadab Ahmed, Yadav said.
These six persons are accused in September 19, 2008 Batla House encounter in which decorated police officer Inspector M C Sharma was killed and two other officers (head constables Balwant Singh and Rajbir Singh) were injured while performing their duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider