Attack on judges: Delhi HC CJ ensures judges of security
New Delhi: In wake of recent attack on three trial court judges here, Delhi`s Acting Chief Justice AK Sikri has expressed anguish over the incident and has assured all judicial officers of their personal safety and a fearless environment to dispense justice.
"I am pained to know about the recent incidents of attack on judicial officers. Some of them have been reported in the press and few others have gone unreported," Justice Sikri said in a letter to the district court judges.
Empathising with the judges who had been attacked, Justice Sikri said, "Without referring to any particular incident and without going into the reasons or provocations, if any, caused by any person or circumstance, I must convey my empathy to all judicial officers who have suffered the attack."
He said as "the head of judicial family in Delhi" and the supervising and controlling authority "I am very much concerned about the safety and security of the judicial officers."
Justice Sikri, in his letter, also added that he has taken a strict view of the incident on judicial officers.
"I and my colleague judges have taken a very serious view of these incidents. A judicial officer requires a fearless and independent mind to do justice and any apprehension in his/her mind about his/her safety would certainly hamper his/her capabilities to judge fearlessly and impartially," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India