Attack on judges: Lawyers threaten strike Friday
New Delhi: To protest an attack on three Delhi judges by four bikers in a road rage incident in south Delhi, lawyers at the Saket district courts complex called for strike Friday if police fail to act against the attackers.
Saket Court Bar Association president Madan Lal said he had called upon all Delhi advocates to stay away from work if police do not take proper action in the case.
He said that such criminal attacks on judges would not be tolerated.
Condemning the lax police attitude, Lal said it was not a spontaneous assault but the accused attacked the judges in a preplanned way.
Four young men on two motorbikes Thursday viciously attacked three judges, leaving one of them and their driver seriously injured.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ajay Garg and driver Chaman Lal were hospitalized with head injuries after the bikers rained bricks on their windscreen soon after the judge`s car grazed one of the motorcycles, toppling two riders.
The incident occurred at Dakshinpuri when the judges were returning home from the nearby Saket courts complex, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter