Attack on MLA: 3 more accused remanded in custody
New Delhi: Three more youths arrested for their alleged role in murder attempt on Delhi MLA Bharat Singh were on Wednesday remanded in five-day police custody by a Delhi court.
Chief Metropolitan Magistarte Vinod Yadav remanded Udaivir alias Kala, Ravinder Dagar and Satish Kumar to five-day police custody after the investigating agency said it needed to interrogate them.
"Considering the gravity of the offence and the facts and circumstances of the case and the right of the investigating agency to probe the matter thoroughly, in my considered opinion, it is incumbent and in the interest of justice that custodial interrogation of the accused persons is liable to be allowed for a period of five days," the court said.
Inspector Brahmjeet, who is interrogating the matter, said with this a total of seven persons have been arrested in connection with the incident which took place last Saturday.
He said Udaivir was the main accused in the case and provided all weapons and money for the execution of the crime.
Yesterday, the court had remanded co-accused Vikas Dagar alias Vicky, Kuldeep, Sumit Dagar and Virender Sehrawat in police custody till June 10 for their interrogation.
They have been charged for the offence of attempt to murder and under provisions of the Arms Act.
The youths are all residents of Jharoda Kalan village here and are accused of shooting Najafgarh MLA Singh and his maternal uncle Dharam Pal outside their office in southwest Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra