Attack on MLA: Three more arrested
New Delhi: Three more persons were arrested in connection with the murder attempt on Delhi MLA Bharat Singh, police said on Tuesday.
With this, a total of seven persons have been arrested in connection with the incident which took place last Saturday.
Satish and Ravinder, who were with the four others who allegedly attacked Singh, and Udaibir, who allegedly provided weapons to them, were arrested, police said.
"Udaibir provided all of them weapons and money. He also provided a house on rent near his house," a senior police official said.
The 35-year-old MLA from Najafgarh was shot at outside his office allegedly by Vikas Dagar and his associates. The other three persons who were arrested earlier are Kuldeep Mittal, Sumeet Singh and Virendrer Sehrawat.
Vikas and his family allegedly had a rivalry with the MLA dating back to last year after his aunt and her husband suffered a setback in a fund established by them.
When some persons contacted the MLA for helping them recover their capital, Singh summoned the husband-wife duo to his office and asked them to pay back the money.
Vikas did not like Singh`s intervention and in June last year in an inebriated state slapped the MLA who was visiting his village. A minor scuffle broke out following the assault, but it was resolved by the villagers there.
However, the strain continued and Vikas feared of a reprisal from the MLA`s side. According to police, Vikas decided to eliminate Singh as a "pre-emptive" move after apprehending a threat to his life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan