Attempt to blind boy after his cousin elopes with
Chhatarpur: Some persons allegedly tried to gouge out eyes of a 16-year-old boy at Barha village in the district after his cousin eloped with a girl.
A complaint was lodged by the victim Harcharan against the family members of the girl at Rajnagar Police Station this morning, station in-charge O S Chandel said.
According to Harcharan, who is from Gomakhurd village, his cousin allegedly eloped with Kashi Patel`s daughter on November 16. Patel lives in neighbouring Barha.
Girl`s relatives then "forcibly" took her lover`s father, uncle, Harcharan and friend Rameshwar to Delhi to search for her, but she could not be traced.
After returning, girl`s relatives allegedly held Harcharan and Rameshwar captive, while the rest were released.
Last night, they allegedly tried to gouge out Harcharan`s eyes with pair of scissors, according to the complaint.
Harcharan and Rameshwar were released after midnight. The two reached their village in the morning and went to the police.
Harcharan was rushed to the district hospital, where doctors said there was no injury to eyes. A case had been registered against Kashi Patel, Devidayal, Brijgopal, Ramnath and Chetram, all of whom were absconding, officer Chandel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing