Auto-driver helps nab human trafficker in Delhi
New Delhi: An auto-driver helped in rescuing 12 children from trafficking in the capital, Aam Aadmi Party said on Sunday.
In a statement, the AAP said Tarun Kumar and another driver was approached by a man on April 19 along with three adults and 12 children and asked to ferry them to Krishna Nagar from Anand Vihar.
Kumar overheard the conversation in the auto and he became suspicious, the AAP statement said.
While he was contacting police, it said, the passengers found out that he was calling police and started beating him up. However, Kumar overpowered the gang-leader and handed him over to police who arrived at the scene.
"As per information made available by police officials of Police Station Krishna Nagar, a case has since been registered, the accused arrested and children have been produced before the child welfare committee," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender