Auto-driver helps nab human trafficker in Delhi
New Delhi: An auto-driver helped in rescuing 12 children from trafficking in the capital, Aam Aadmi Party said on Sunday.
In a statement, the AAP said Tarun Kumar and another driver was approached by a man on April 19 along with three adults and 12 children and asked to ferry them to Krishna Nagar from Anand Vihar.
Kumar overheard the conversation in the auto and he became suspicious, the AAP statement said.
While he was contacting police, it said, the passengers found out that he was calling police and started beating him up. However, Kumar overpowered the gang-leader and handed him over to police who arrived at the scene.
"As per information made available by police officials of Police Station Krishna Nagar, a case has since been registered, the accused arrested and children have been produced before the child welfare committee," the statement said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed