Auto-driver helps nab human trafficker in Delhi
New Delhi: An auto-driver helped in rescuing 12 children from trafficking in the capital, Aam Aadmi Party said on Sunday.
In a statement, the AAP said Tarun Kumar and another driver was approached by a man on April 19 along with three adults and 12 children and asked to ferry them to Krishna Nagar from Anand Vihar.
Kumar overheard the conversation in the auto and he became suspicious, the AAP statement said.
While he was contacting police, it said, the passengers found out that he was calling police and started beating him up. However, Kumar overpowered the gang-leader and handed him over to police who arrived at the scene.
"As per information made available by police officials of Police Station Krishna Nagar, a case has since been registered, the accused arrested and children have been produced before the child welfare committee," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!