Auto rickshaw driver electrocuted in Delhi
New Delhi: A 45-year-old auto rickshaw driver was electrocuted when a high tension wire fell on his vehicle here, police said Monday.
The incident took place around 11.30 pm on Sunday in Pandav Nagar area of east Delhi when four electric poles came down crashing and a high tension wire fell on the vehicle, a police officer said.
"Ashok was killed while a passenger, Ajay, suffered critical injuries and was being treated at Lal Bahudur Shastri Hospital," the officer said.
He said power company BSES was investigating the matter to ascertain the cause of accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa