Auto-rickshaw driver kills passenger for Rs 50
New Delhi: An auto-rickshaw driver here stabbed to death a passenger who accused him of trying to extort an additional fare of Rs.50, police said Wednesday. The accused is on the run.
"Izahar was stabbed five times in abdomen and chest by the auto-rickshaw driver in (west Delhi`s) Punjabi Bagh (yesterday) Monday," Additional Commissioner of Police V. Renganathan told IANS.
Izahar, 25, and his friend Subhan Khan, both rubber factory workers, were travelling in the auto-rickshaw when the driver asked them to pay an additional Rs.50 fare, police said.
"When Izahar refused to give the money, the diver stabbed him," said a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read