Auto-rickshaw driver kills passenger for Rs 50
New Delhi: An auto-rickshaw driver here stabbed to death a passenger who accused him of trying to extort an additional fare of Rs.50, police said Wednesday. The accused is on the run.
"Izahar was stabbed five times in abdomen and chest by the auto-rickshaw driver in (west Delhi`s) Punjabi Bagh (yesterday) Monday," Additional Commissioner of Police V. Renganathan told IANS.
Izahar, 25, and his friend Subhan Khan, both rubber factory workers, were travelling in the auto-rickshaw when the driver asked them to pay an additional Rs.50 fare, police said.
"When Izahar refused to give the money, the diver stabbed him," said a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened