Ayodhya verdict may affect India`s secular nature: LJP
New Delhi: Ram Vilas Paswan`s Lok Janshakti Party on Friday demanded an intervention by the Centre into the Ayodhya issue, claiming that the Allahabad High Court verdict
may seriously affect the "secular nature" of the country.
"Lok Janshakti Party believes that the Allahabad High Court verdict may seriously affect the secular nature of our state. We, therefore, demand that the Government of India must
immediately step in to settle the constitutional confusion created by the judgement.
"We demand that the Government of India must now seek opinion from the Supreme Court in the Ayodhya dispute to settle the constitutional issues raised after the verdict,"
party secretary general Abdul Khaliq said contending that the court has accepted faith as the basis of its judgement.
"We believe that faith cannot become the basis of a legal judgment...the battle between faith and the constitution must be settled once and for all," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'