B Com student raped by uncle for over four years
Ghaziabad: A 20-year-old B.Com student was allegedly raped by her uncle for over four years in Kavi Nagar area here.
Based on the victim`s complaint, a case was registered today against Dhyanchand Bhaskar at Kavi Nagar police station, police said.
The accused is on the run since the registration of the case.
Police said that Bhaskar, who is a doctor with a Hapur-based hospital, allegedly raped the girl on different occasion for over four years.
"As the accused was familiar with victim`s parents, he used to often go to her house and her family members never suspected him. The incident came to the light when the girl along with her mother on April 13 was going to a nearby market and Bhaskar arrived and asked the victim to accompany him.
"However, the girl did not follow him," a senior police officer said.
“After the incident, mother of the girl confronted her and the matter was revealed,” the officer said.
"On frequently being quizzed by her mother, victim broke down and narrated her ordeal.
"They registered complaint against Bhaskar at Kavi Nagar police station. Police have launched a manhunt to arrest him," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?