B Com student raped by uncle for over four years
Ghaziabad: A 20-year-old B.Com student was allegedly raped by her uncle for over four years in Kavi Nagar area here.
Based on the victim`s complaint, a case was registered today against Dhyanchand Bhaskar at Kavi Nagar police station, police said.
The accused is on the run since the registration of the case.
Police said that Bhaskar, who is a doctor with a Hapur-based hospital, allegedly raped the girl on different occasion for over four years.
"As the accused was familiar with victim`s parents, he used to often go to her house and her family members never suspected him. The incident came to the light when the girl along with her mother on April 13 was going to a nearby market and Bhaskar arrived and asked the victim to accompany him.
"However, the girl did not follow him," a senior police officer said.
“After the incident, mother of the girl confronted her and the matter was revealed,” the officer said.
"On frequently being quizzed by her mother, victim broke down and narrated her ordeal.
"They registered complaint against Bhaskar at Kavi Nagar police station. Police have launched a manhunt to arrest him," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?