B Tech student beaten to death by friends over money dispute in Delhi
New Delhi: A 20-year-old B Tech student was allegedly beaten to death by four of his friends for not being able to pay back Rs 4,000 to them, police said on Tuesday.
Rehan, a resident of Saheen Bagh area in South Delhi, was beaten to death with iron rods by the accused last night near his house, they said.
Police said one of the accused, Danish, has been nabbed.
During interrogation, Danish told police that he lived in nearby area and had called Rehan to meet him to discuss about the issue pertaining to the money that the victim had took from him to get a bank loan.
Later, Danish was joined by three other friends and they started beating Rehan with iron rods, leading to his instant death on the spot, police said, adding the accused fled from the spot after the incident.
"We are have arrested Danish while his three accomplices would be arrested soon," said a senior police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS