B Tech student beaten to death by friends over money dispute in Delhi
New Delhi: A 20-year-old B Tech student was allegedly beaten to death by four of his friends for not being able to pay back Rs 4,000 to them, police said on Tuesday.
Rehan, a resident of Saheen Bagh area in South Delhi, was beaten to death with iron rods by the accused last night near his house, they said.
Police said one of the accused, Danish, has been nabbed.
During interrogation, Danish told police that he lived in nearby area and had called Rehan to meet him to discuss about the issue pertaining to the money that the victim had took from him to get a bank loan.
Later, Danish was joined by three other friends and they started beating Rehan with iron rods, leading to his instant death on the spot, police said, adding the accused fled from the spot after the incident.
"We are have arrested Danish while his three accomplices would be arrested soon," said a senior police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'