B Tech student beaten to death by friends over money dispute in Delhi
New Delhi: A 20-year-old B Tech student was allegedly beaten to death by four of his friends for not being able to pay back Rs 4,000 to them, police said on Tuesday.
Rehan, a resident of Saheen Bagh area in South Delhi, was beaten to death with iron rods by the accused last night near his house, they said.
Police said one of the accused, Danish, has been nabbed.
During interrogation, Danish told police that he lived in nearby area and had called Rehan to meet him to discuss about the issue pertaining to the money that the victim had took from him to get a bank loan.
Later, Danish was joined by three other friends and they started beating Rehan with iron rods, leading to his instant death on the spot, police said, adding the accused fled from the spot after the incident.
"We are have arrested Danish while his three accomplices would be arrested soon," said a senior police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- SUV chases Gujarat Oppn leader Shankersinh Vaghela's vehicle, nearly hits it
- Srinagar records season's hottest day, heat wave on in Jammu
- Attack on union ministers is 'panic reaction' of BJD: Manohar Parrikar
- Arvind Kejriwal pushing Delhi into constitutional crisis: Delhi BJP
- India set to get MTCR membership, NSG option remains open: MEA