Baba Kharak Singh Marg reopened for two-way traffic
New Delhi: Driving through central Delhi
will now become easier with the Delhi Metro today reopening
Baba Kharak Singh Marg, which had been partially closed due to
construction, for traffic from both sides.
The Delhi Metro has constructed a newly laid road with
two lanes available for traffic on both sides at Baba Kharak
Singh Marg after completing the underground Metro tunnel
construction successfully at this location. The road was
partially closed due to construction on the Airport
"The quality of the new road has been certified by the
Central Road Research Institute (CRRI) and its thickness has
been approved by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT),
Mumbai," DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
To ensure that the quality of the road does not suffer
due to water logging during monsoons, new drainage pipelines
have also been laid. The road has been handed over to the NDMC
for its street scaping work ahead of the Commonwealth Games.
A 350 metre stretch of the 800 metre long road
connecting the Bangla Sahib Gurudwara and Connaught Place
outer circle was closed for traffic from one side in March
2008 for the construction of the metro tunnel and the Shivaji
Stadium Metro station building, he said.
DMRC is also constructing a three-floor building for
the Shivaji Stadium Metro station, which is part of the Metro
Express Line running from New Delhi to the Indira Gandhi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days