Baby Falak fit to be discharged: Doctors
New Delhi: Falak, the two-year-old battered baby who has been battling for survival at the AIIMS Trauma Centre here since Jan 18, is fit to be discharged, doctors said on Wednesday.
"Falak is fit to be discharged and she needs to be moved out of hospital as soon as possible, or else there are chances for her to get hospital-based infections," Deepak Agrawal, assistant professor (neurosurgery) at the AIIMS Trauma Centre, said.
"Even if she is discharged, she will need intensive cognitive rehabilitation," Agrawal said.
Falak was admitted to the AIIMS Jan 18 with a fractured skull, bruises and human bite marks all over her body. A teenager, claiming to be her mother, got her admitted to the hospital.
Undergoing five life-saving surgeries and surviving two heart attacks, Falak is called by doctors a miracle baby and an exceptional case in medical history.
"Falak is definitely a miracle baby who underwent so much in the past 50 days, battling with several injuries she survived two heart attacks. She is an exceptional case and only one in a lakh can survive, as even adults succumb to heart attack after trauma. We are happy to say that she is fit to be discharged," Agrawal said.
According to doctors, Falak had her first heart attack Jan 20 and the second one the next day.
"Even though she was in a very bad shape when she was admitted with severe head injury and bite marks, she was not malnourished and appeared to be well fed. Her strong immune system played a vital role in her survival," Agrawal added.
Agrawal, with a team of 10 resident doctors, has been closely monitoring the health condition of Falak for the past 50 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened