Baby Falak`s father arrested in gang rape case
New Delhi: The father of baby Falak, who died after being battered by a teenager, was arrested on Thursday for his alleged involvement in a gang rape case in Bihar, police said.
Shah Alam was apprehended here after he was called for counseling. His involvement in a case of gangrape came to light and was arrested.
"He was declared a proclaimed offender in the case. Bihar Police have been informed," a senior police official said.
Falak was admitted to the hospital with severe bruises in her body, head injuries and broken arms on January 18. Her head was badly smashed, she had broken arms, bite marks all over her body and her cheeks branded with hot iron. She died on March 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- SRH vs SL: Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 2 - Players to watch out for in virtual semi-final
- Spellers from Texas, New York state battle to tie in US Spelling Bee
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj
- Raghuram Rajan's reappointment as RBI Governor should not be of media's interest: PM Modi
- Can a car headrest be a rescue tool in emergency?