Baby Falak`s father arrested in gang rape case
New Delhi: The father of baby Falak, who died after being battered by a teenager, was arrested on Thursday for his alleged involvement in a gang rape case in Bihar, police said.
Shah Alam was apprehended here after he was called for counseling. His involvement in a case of gangrape came to light and was arrested.
"He was declared a proclaimed offender in the case. Bihar Police have been informed," a senior police official said.
Falak was admitted to the hospital with severe bruises in her body, head injuries and broken arms on January 18. Her head was badly smashed, she had broken arms, bite marks all over her body and her cheeks branded with hot iron. She died on March 16.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India