Baby Falak`s father arrested in gang rape case
New Delhi: The father of baby Falak, who died after being battered by a teenager, was arrested on Thursday for his alleged involvement in a gang rape case in Bihar, police said.
Shah Alam was apprehended here after he was called for counseling. His involvement in a case of gangrape came to light and was arrested.
"He was declared a proclaimed offender in the case. Bihar Police have been informed," a senior police official said.
Falak was admitted to the hospital with severe bruises in her body, head injuries and broken arms on January 18. Her head was badly smashed, she had broken arms, bite marks all over her body and her cheeks branded with hot iron. She died on March 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death