Badal asks BJP to give seats to contest Delhi Assembly polls
Ludhiana: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday asked its ally BJP to allot SAD`s share of seats in the forthcoming Assembly Elections in Delhi.
Appealing to BJP high command in view of the long standing alliance, Badal asked the party to allot those seats to Shiromani Akali Dal where its candidates had a fair chance to win.
He was talking to mediapersons after inaugurating the IMA Hall here.
Badal said Congress was SAD`s first enemy and added that the party had lost its hold on people because of its "corrupt, anti-people and wrong policies".
"His party`s top priority will be to defeat Congress," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi