Badarpur highway opens
New Delhi: The Badarpur Highway, connecting the national capital and satellite township of Faridabad, was thrown open for public on Monday.
The highway was inaugurated by Delhi Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh
Hooda at a function in Mehrauli which was attended by Union
Road Transport and Highways Minister Kamal Nath, Minister of
State RPN Singh and National Highways Authority of India
Chairman Brijeshwar Singh among others.
The highway will ease the vehicular movement on the
National Highway 2 -- Delhi-Agra route.
Those using the highway will have to pay toll. Cars,
passenger vans and jeeps would be charges Rs 20 for a single
trip, and Rs 30 for multiple trips.
Light commercial vehicles will be charged Rs 30 for
single trip and Rs 45 for multiple trips. Buses, trucks and
other heavy vehicles will have to pay Rs 60 for single trip
and Rs 90 for multiple trips.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says