Bail granted to four in graft case involving ex-CLB member
New Delhi: A Delhi court Wednesday granted bail
to four persons who are accused in a graft case in which
former acting chairperson of Company Law Board R Vasudevan
allegedly took a bribe of Rs seven lakh for passing a
favourable order in a case.
"The accused persons are granted bail on furnishing of a
personal and two surety bonds of Rs 50,000 each," Special
CBI Judge A S Yadav said.
Those granted bail are Atul Maheswari, Harshvardhan
Lodha, Vikas Shukla and Ankur Chawla. The court asked them not
to influence prosecution witnesses and leave the country
without its prior permission.
The court has fixed the matter for January 6 for
supplying the copy of the chargesheet and other documents, to
be relied upon by CBI, to the accused.
Other two accused Vasudevan and Manoj Kumar Banthia, a
company secretary of a vernacular daily, were granted bail
earlier in the case.
Earlier, the court had issued summons against the six
accused after taking cognizance of the chargesheet.
The accused have been charged under various provisions
of the IPC and the Prevention of Corruption Act, criminal
conspiracy and giving and accepting bribe.
Initially, three persons, including Vasudevan and
Banthia, were named as accused in the FIR which was lodged on
November 23, last year.
Names of the other three cropped up during subsequent
"The then Member, Company Law Board, New Delhi was
caught red handed by CBI while demanding and accepting a bribe
of Rs seven lakhs from the Company Secretary at his official
residence on November 23, 2009," the chargesheet said.
Banthia was also allegedly caught while delivering the
illegal gratification. The CLB member had allegedly demanded
the gratification to give favourable orders in a case being
presided over by him," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145