Bail plea of Kulaste, Bhagora deferred to Sept 29
New Delhi: The hearing on the bail pleas of
two former BJP MPs Mahabir Singh Bhagora and Faggan Singh
Kulaste, arrested for their alleged involvement in the 2008
cash-for-vote scam, was deferred on Tuesday to September 29 by a
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal, who was to hear the
arguments on the interim bail pleas of the two MPs today,
deferred the hearing as their counsel sought more time to
prepare the case for argument on merit.
"Court may list it (bail plea) for hearing on a further
date as I have to touch the merits of the case," senior
advocate Sidhartha Luthra told the court, appearing for the
two former MPs.
Luthra wanted the court to list the two former MPs` bail
plea for hearing on September 19, which is also the date set
for hearing Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh`s regular bail plea, but
the judge deferred the matter to September 29 saying it would
not be possible for her to hear all applications on same day.
"How will I hear so many applications on September 19? It
is not humanly possible," the judge said posting the matter to
September 29 after both the defence counsel and the public
prosecutor agreed to it.
On September 19, when Singh`s regular bail plea is slated
for hearing, the judicial custody of all the jailed accused in
the case too would expire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray