Bail plea of Kulaste, Bhagora deferred to Sept 29
New Delhi: The hearing on the bail pleas of
two former BJP MPs Mahabir Singh Bhagora and Faggan Singh
Kulaste, arrested for their alleged involvement in the 2008
cash-for-vote scam, was deferred on Tuesday to September 29 by a
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal, who was to hear the
arguments on the interim bail pleas of the two MPs today,
deferred the hearing as their counsel sought more time to
prepare the case for argument on merit.
"Court may list it (bail plea) for hearing on a further
date as I have to touch the merits of the case," senior
advocate Sidhartha Luthra told the court, appearing for the
two former MPs.
Luthra wanted the court to list the two former MPs` bail
plea for hearing on September 19, which is also the date set
for hearing Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh`s regular bail plea, but
the judge deferred the matter to September 29 saying it would
not be possible for her to hear all applications on same day.
"How will I hear so many applications on September 19? It
is not humanly possible," the judge said posting the matter to
September 29 after both the defence counsel and the public
prosecutor agreed to it.
On September 19, when Singh`s regular bail plea is slated
for hearing, the judicial custody of all the jailed accused in
the case too would expire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day